Introduction to Game Development Topics
Introduction to Game Development Topics:
- History of Game Development and Technologies.
- Introduction to Programming and Development using the Java based Processing IDE.
- Simple mathematics and physics for game development.
- 2D and 3D development using Microsoft XNA Game Studio.
- Incorporating game assets such as audio and graphics created in other areas of the course.
- Porting game applications to the Microsoft Xbox 360.
- Overview of industry standard engines and frameworks such as the Unreal Development Kit and Gamebryo Lightspeed.
Introduction to Programming
- Java and the Processing IDE
- Syntax & semantics
- Variables, operators
- Conditionals, Loops and functions
- Simple games physics (particle systems, collision detection)
Interfacing with Middleware
- Importing 3ds Max models
- Incorporating audio middleware such as Wwise
- Microsoft engines (Xact and GDK)